Title: HR Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Classification: Salaried, Exempt, Mid-level/Senior Management
Effectively perform the duties of Human Resources Manager in an efficient manner within company policies and procedures. Ensures that all day-to-day HR functions run smoothly.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides guidance, service, solutions and training to HR department on all HR functions.
2. Ensure compliance with company policies, practices and procedures as well as all State, Federal and local laws and ensure consistency for employees.
3. Train and develops Generalists and direct reports to ensure Federal and State legal compliance.
4. Keep open lines of communication with all plant departments and management, including Corporate office.
5. Provide direction for all employee relations activities including training, investigations, decision making and follow through; review all disciplinary actions for consistency, appropriateness, liability and training purposes.
6. Manage all employment legal claims, develop documentation, prepare timeline and response for Corporate office.
7. Oversee recruiting and staffing processes to insure positions are filled with qualified candidates in a timely manner.
8. Responsible for active participation and contribution to the plant labor initiatives associated with driving down the cost of direct and indirect labor per pound.
9. Participates in recruitment process for exempt level positions including selection, interviews scheduling, offer letters and onboarding process.
10. Market and drive employee referral programs, temp conversions, internal succession planning/promotions and other programs that support the recruiting department.
11. Be available to assist the recruiting department as needed for interviews and the logistics around scheduling and escorting applicants, job fairs and other recruiting activities and events.
12. Oversee payroll activities and improve processes for accuracy and efficiency.
13. Oversee unemployment processes and provide training and guidance to Generalist to reduce losses.
14. Ensure OSHA 300s are accurate and timely annually.
15. Manage and oversee worker’s compensation administration and duties. Manage and evaluate all legal settlements and risky claim situations.
16. Develop, design and manage SOP procedures related to temporary staff, time tracking, safety, payroll and building security.
17. Facilitate regular reviews of agreements and contracts with outside vendors to insure that a high level of service is provided at the agreed upon costs.
18. Attend and contribute as needed to weekly production management meetings to stay abreast of plant issues.
19. Promote and practice fair and consistent performance expectation accountability.
20. Promote performance expectation accountability during orientation, probationary and evaluation periods as well as during daily operations.
21. Coach and develop supervisors to complete employment related paperwork on time, accurately and with a compliance risk reduction focus.
22. Lead and follow through with the successor planning, mentoring and management training processes within the plant.
23. Initiates, manages and oversees all HR related projects and ensures timely completion and effectiveness of outcomes.
24. Develop, manage and consistently monitor local processes and programs: Lead Development program, Referral Bonus Program, SRA’s, etc.
25. Manage all customer audits as they relate to HR.
26. Design and oversee company events including Summer Picnic and Christmas Party.
27. Develop employer of choice community perception.
28. Support and develop a culture that provides consistent compliance with policy administration and work rules.
29. Oversee temporary labor payroll to ensure accuracy, efficiency and eliminate fraudulent or non-confirmable charges and payments.
30. Oversee Alchemy training program execution, participation and material comprehension to ensure learning and change behavior are prevalent on the production floor
31. Responsible for developing programs and systems designed to identify high potential employees and develop them up to more skilled positions in a timely manner.
32. Responsible for developing programs and systems designed to assimilate new hires and retain employees. Lead retention teams, drive retention initiatives and measure and report on retention in meaningful ways to identify problem areas and produce solutions.
1. Requires 10 years Human Resources experience; at least 5 years in a supervisory role.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or a related field is required.
3. Proven history of prioritizing and administering human resources projects required.
4. Experience in high growth, small or mid size manufacturing company strongly preferred.
5. PHR certification strongly preferred.
6. Must have excellent PC skills and HRIS experience.
7. Kronos experience is preferred.
8. Must demonstrate knowledge in all federal, state and local employment laws and procedures.
9. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
10. Excellent written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills.
11. English/Spanish bilingual a plus.
1. Office, production and warehouse environments
2. The environment may be wet or dry and temperatures may range from 25°F to 110°F
3. Ability to walk through plant environments
4. Production demands may require overtime and/or evening or weekend scheduling
5. Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
6. Occasional travel
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.